Sponsored by HD Supply
Time Is Money: Successful Turns and PI Project Solutions
Many studies have shown that for every move-out, there needs to be a move-in as soon as possible to maintain high occupancy rates. What’s more, upon moving in, residents expect a unit that is decent, safe, sanitary, and in good repair. High quality and efficient unit turns can have a positive impact on your housing authority’s financial performance and the overall physical condition of your properties. While the cost of repainting a whole unit or replacing an HVAC unit may not be much by itself, the total cost of a make-ready turn – plus the money lost from the vacancy – can cost upwards of $5,000 per unit per month*. This labor burden limits the number of regular maintenance work orders that your team can complete, and compounds even more with each additional vacant unit, which makes the urgency of completing turns as quickly and efficiently as possible of the utmost importance.
Much of the turn work can be done faster and cheaper if you have the right tools and general maintenance supplies on hand. Consider the working life expectancy of the maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products installed in each unit. Minimize turn time and reduce costs by maintaining an inventory of general maintenance supplies and tools to get new residents in sooner. Our Student Housing Turns Checklists can help complete turns in a timely manner by staying organized and on task.
Unit turns – no matter if they’re a refresh, a repair, a replacement, or a complete renovation – take great amounts of time, effort and resources from both you individually and your whole maintenance staff. But with HD Supply’s Property Improvement Solutions, you can outsource this heavy work to a team of experts you can trust to get the job done both on time and within budget.
Focus on Efficiency and Save Time
From spackling and paint to wall plates and LED bulbs to weather stripping and cleaning products, HD Supply Facilities Maintenance has just what you need for more efficient and cost-effective turns; and the end result is a quicker rental. Depending on your time frame, you can refresh, repair, replace, or renovate as needed. Whether you’re planning a small refresh or a total renovation, trust HD Supply’s Property Improvement to provide expert help. We specialize in housing authorities, student housing, and military housing, but our experience goes beyond those unique needs and expands to a wide variety of government agencies.
How long do you have to complete your turns project?
1-2 Days (Refresh): Stock up on cleaning supplies and change batteries in smoke detectors and thermostats.
1 Week (Repair): Repair and update common areas including stairwells, hallways and lobbies.
1-4 Weeks (Replace): The best time to replace water heaters and electrical components.
4+ Weeks (Renovate): More time to Turn? Renovate to create the most attractive and efficient property possible for residents.
With our extensive product selection, experienced project management, and reliable installation services, HD Supply has what it takes to be your trusted, single-source supplier and to complete your projects right the first time.
Trust the Right Partner to Reduce Future Maintenance
To make the turning process easier on you we offer personalized support and assistance from a team that understands your industry and market, and we have the following resources available to streamline your renovation projects:
- A Streamlined Procurement Process - Leverage our competitively solicited state and local government contracts to receive access to thousands of quality maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and related services at competitive prices.
- A Dedicated Renovations Manager – You’ll have a Renovation Sales Coordinator (RSC) as your dedicated point of contact throughout the entire process.
- Project Management – You’ll get expert product advice, forecasting, and scheduling to better coordinate the product purchasing, delivery, and service to achieve your project goals, whether you’re using our full turn-key solution with labor, or if you’re performing the installation yourself.
- Budget Management – Volume discounts and customized credit programs are available.
- Custom-Made Products – You can also custom-order products that are expertly crafted to your specifications in our fabrication centers, ensuring superior quality and faster turnaround times.
- Total Project Execution – You can even take advantage of our contracting, labor, and installation services that are available in select markets, always knowing that all of our contractors are licensed, background checked, and insured.
HD Supply has been a leading supplier of maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and property improvement solutions for more than 40 years; and we’re ready to help make your next property improvement project a success. With our extensive product selection, experienced project management, and reliable installation services, HD Supply has what it takes to be your trusted, single-source supplier and to complete your projects right the first time, on time and on budget.
We’re dedicated to being Easy, Accurate and Helpful for our customers – because we know that your time is valuable and your peace of mind is priceless. For more information about our property improvement services, check out our HD Supply Property Improvement Guide or visit hdsupplysolutions.com/propertyimprovement.