Celebrating Housing America Month 2019
For more than 10 years, October has been Housing America Month, when NAHRO and its members collectively raise awareness about affordable housing.
Left to right: The Greensboro (N.C.) Housing Authority, Housing Authority of Anne Arundel County
Here are a few Housing America events hosted by NAHRO members around the country:
- The Burlington Housing Authority (N.C.) educated their community on the programs they offer and to inspire people to donate.
- The Housing Authority of Anne Arundel County (Md.) hosted a ribbon-cutting for Freetown Village, which had recently undergone a RAD conversion.
- The City of Phoenix (Ariz.) Housing Department organized an Owner Open House to provide information about the Section 8 program.
- The Housing Authority of the County of Yolo (Calif.) hosted a ribbon-cutting to celebrate their transitional housing for families with children.
- The Greensboro (N.C.) Housing Authority threw an art party for the “What Home Means to Me” poster contest.
- The Housing Authority of the City of Santa Barbara (Calif.) held an event for residents to connect with local non-profit agencies and learn more about services and opportunities in their area.
- Rocky Mount (N.C.) Housing Authority organized their annual Community Awareness Festival where residents serving on planning committees plan a day of fun activities including face painting, bingo and more.
- The Housing Authority of the City of Laurel (Miss.) held an even where Laurel Mayor Johnny Magee signed a proclamation.
- The Nevada Rural Housing Authority partnered with United Way to host a book drive.
Left to right: Housing Catalyst (Colo.), The Dakota County (Minn.) Community Development Agency
The following agencies had their events covered by their local media:
- The Laurel Housing Authority
- The Burlington Housing Authority
- Northwestern Housing Enterprises
- The Nevada Rural Housing Authority
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s Housing America Month!
CREDIT: The City of Phoenix (Ariz.) Housing Department